5.05.2014

BAG OF BEANS, TAGAYTAY CITY

Last Sunday, me and my cousin had our breakfast in my all time fave restaurant, Bag of Beans in Tagaytay. We frequently go to their bigger branch in Aguinaldo but this time we tried their smaller branch near Rotonda. 


photo fr hyperionzoomlover.blogspot.com

At first, I didn't get the point of why they have to come up with two branches in the same city, but after visiting their smaller branch, I totally understood. The restaurant in Aguinaldo is for bigger groups like for family and friends but the one near Rotonda is  more intimate, ideal for coffee dates and you'll have a wonderful view of the Taal Lake in their balcony.





I ordered for Breakfast Sampler (390php), this is what I also got the last time that I went to their Aguinaldo branch, I remember when I first tried it there, it was soooooo good! especially the hash brown but when I tried it again in this smaller branch, I didn't really enjoy it. It's seems that everything was just reheated when we ordered it and it was cooked since Saturday. It's okay if the food was not really freshly cooked so long as it doesn't compromise the taste and it's not really obvious. I only enjoyed the sausage and bacon on this meal, so this dish will only get a score of 2.5 out of 5 from me.


We also tried their Norweigan Salmon Steak (390php) which we didn't really enjoy as well,the salmon was good but it could have been better if it doesn't seem to be really dry and the french fries which I don't know how to explain the taste but anyone who would try it will also not like it, sorry,but the veggies were good though, this dish is also a 2.5.


If you're a fan of over the top sour fruit juice then you should try this drink and since I'm not, this juice gets a score of 2 from me. The sourness was just too much.

 

Finally something that I really enjoyed from this dining experience, this Caramel Macchiato (120php) was just soo good! It really made up for the not so pleasurable experiences of my taste buds with the dishes that I've tried. This coffee deserves a 5.


















No comments:

Post a Comment