10.02.2013

AN INSPIRING FLICK



 This is one of my favorite movies of all time, though its kinda ironic because there's not a single scene in this movie that I can relate to but I actually cried a lot when I watched it the first time, "arte" haha! Lemme give you a short, short summary of its story so I can tell you why I love this movie so much. It's about Toula, a 30 yr old lady, who doesn't seem to bother so much about how she looks, she came from this big Greek family living in America who has a restaurant in Chicago, called Dancing Zorba's where she was working as a waitress. That's where she also first met Ian Miller, a native American guy, the love of her life who's an english teacher. Her dad keeps on pushing her to get married to a Greek boy, make Greek babies and feed everyone until the day she dies, when what she wants was to pursue a career. 

 Toula's  determination  to reach her dreams in spite of her age, and her dad who doesn't seem to understand that there's more to life than getting married is the reason why I love the movie so much. 

 I hope that you guys could also have the chance to watch this movie, and be inspired the way I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment